Tuesday, February 26, 2013

blessed reunion

If I ever get into a fight with a guy that's bigger than me, I'll turn to him and say, "I'm gonna take you to the dance." After which he will be confused and I'll have ample time to run away.
If I ever get into a fight with a guy that's smaller than me, boy, I sure hope he isn't scrappy.

Speaking of which, did you know they make chicken tikka masala in TV dinner form now?

No, wait, that wasn't the segue. I've been working out recently, and it's actually been pretty good. Normally, when I worked out in the past, I quit after one trip to the gym. (Actually that's not true. One time in high school I decided I was going to run 300 miles over 3 months in the winter. I ran 21 miles the first week, got the flu, and then quit.)

The biggest problem I have with working out is that I'm still fat. I can do a pretty good job of hiding it, you know, when I'm clothed, but the pre-shower flex in the mirror time is a sad sad experience. I mean, I guess I understand that if I eat Lucky Charms every day for every meal it's gonna take quite a bit of work/time, but still, I've been at it for like a month or something. And I'm up to using the 12 lb weights! So what gives, body? I can totally understand why people would buy those things that strap to your belly and electro shock the fat away, because, well, people are lazy and would give any excuse to workout while they sit and watch reruns of Cheers, but also because it would be nice to get a zap every once in a while, just to let me know that what I'm doing is making a difference. Even if it really isn't.

So tonight, I'm going to try and run 2 miles. Yep, 2. In a row. Without:
1. Stopping
2. Walking
3. Eating
4. Barfing
5. Goofing off
6. Passing out
7. Sweating

And maybe without some other involuntary bodily functions. I haven't decided yet.

So wish me luck, varied denizens of the web! And may we all run, toward our dreams.
And away from people with chainsaws.


Profile update:

I love Indian food. Or maybe just masala. It's just so darn expensive. That TV dinner was like 6 bucks! Making it 3x the cost of every other TV dinner. I can get 2, maybe three boxes of Lucky Charms for that.

1 comment: