Thursday, December 22, 2011

Don't know where this one will end up...

I've been watching the news lately. Big mistake, I know. That's all I got to say about that.

I like shoes. So take that, male stereotype. I don't like frilly or fancy or shiny shoes. Well, some shiny shoes. It really depends on the kind of shine. Pink shiny shoes, no. Green shiny shoes, maybe. But I don't really like talking about shoes, so I don't know why I started this post on two topics that were bound to fail.

No, what I really want to talk about is thinking. It's so simple, right? Think about what it takes to think. Yeah I just blew your mind, trapped it in a whatchamacallit. A trap. A thinking loop. I don't know. Remember that one for when the robot with AI comes after you and you need to talk it into self destructing. Because once those robots decide you need to be terminated, that's it. They don't stop.

Yes, thoughts are very powerful. Not quite as powerful as I would want, but powerful nonetheless. Not powerful enough to change TV channels, or to tell the stormtroopers that these aren't the droids they're looking for, but I guess I can wait for that. For a little bit at least.

Mostly, thoughts can control an entire day. Not through telekinesis, unfortunately, but through thinking positively. It's not easy, no. But it's definitely possible. I especially am no Zen master when it comes to things like this. It's way easy to assume that things are always going to go badly and consequently not feel disappointed when they do. But we NEED to be disappointed sometimes! If no one was ever disappointed when things went badly, then no one would ever feel excited when things went well! The key is dealing with the disappointment with a positive attitude. So I'm working on it. I hope everybody else will too. Sorry for getting preachy! Next post will be back to normal.


DAILY PERSONAL PROFILE UPDATE

Favorite drawing of a cartoon unicorn: The one with the blue eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment