Monday, November 15, 2010

Something girly

Hey errybody!
I want to give you one of my favorite recipes!!
It's called kimchi chiggae. (I was going to be funny and type it in Korean haha, but stupid blogger doesn't support it. It has packs for Fijian, but not Korean. Fail)
Ok here we gooooooo -

1. Mix kimchi and anything you have lying around in a pot of water.
2. Boil

Alright alright, I'll be more specific (even though that's how they actually made it back in the day).
I like to start with the kimchi in the pot first. I fill it up about 1/8th of the way and then pour water in until it's a little more than half full. I put it to mid/high and leave it for a bit. Next I stir in some beef bullion. How much you put it is a matter of taste, but you need to see the broth change color to a more hearty red. I chop up a zucchini and put it in next. I then use a spoon to scoop in a can of Spam straight into the pot (A. Spam is good. B. I know this technically makes this budae chiggae, who cares?). You can add other things, like string mushrooms, green onions, and even potatoes. I like to keep mine simple. The longer you slow boil it, the better it is, but you really only need to do it for about a half hour. Eat with rice and dried salted seaweed, and be prepared for the fire in ya belly!

I love to eat food. That's why I weigh 600 pounds.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always a big fan of gently frying the kimchi first before putting it in the pot ~ Youngdeungpo bishop taught me (us) that...

    ReplyDelete