Monday, November 8, 2010

What was I supposed to do again?

I figure that I've put off writing about this for long enough. Procrastination. Why do we do it? Why are teachers always all up in ya'll bidness about it? Why is it such a long word? These are the questions, folks. Well, these are some questions at least. I may or may not answer any of them. I also might answer some other questions that no one is asking. Here are the main two reasons I put things off. 1. I have something better to do. 2. I don't want to do whatever I'm procrastinating. Something better includes: Video Games, Eating, Sleeping, Reading Comics, Watching Stupid TV Shows, Capitalizing Unnecessarily, Solving Quadratic Equations, and Fantasy Football. Not in that order. Those lovely things notwithstanding, everything seems to distract us when there is something we need to do. Not even cool things. Like searching for customizable lanyards on the internet. When I was in college, I would procrastinate doing something that was due in a few days by doing something that was due in a few months (ha... like once, right?).
TRUE STOOOOOOORY: Online classes are cool and a pain at the same time. They are cool because you can do the coursework on your own schedule, and a pain because you don't do the coursework. My last semester I had to take an Organizational Behavior class to graduate, and it just happened to be offered online only. The thing you gotta know about ORGB is that (no offense to anyone that majored/is employed in this field) it made me want to punch myself in the face every time I looked in the book. (Sidenote: I just saw a Febreze commercial where a guy smells his bathmat. What? Who does that? What did he think he was going to find?) Because the whole class was based out of the book, I had to tie my hands behind my back to even start doing the homework. So I put it off. All semester. There were 20 quizzes and 4 tests due for the course, and I did nothing. It was awesome, because I had a ton of time to do homework for my other classes and (see "Something Better" list above). It was awesome until finals were going to start. It was cool though, I had a whole day (the last day of finals) to finish all the quizzes and wam! bam! take all the tests in the testing center. And that's what I did. Read the whole book, took every quiz, and took all the tests in about 8 hours. Despite nearly having a coronary when the online testing site went down that morning, and fighting off an ulcer from the whole experience, it went pretty well. I even got a B+.


So what did we learn from all this? Not. Much.

No comments:

Post a Comment