Thursday, July 7, 2011

I just saved you all .15 seconds a day for the rest of your lives!

Something that has caught my eye over the past decade is that many humans have a really hard time knowing when to use "your" and when to use "you're". But I have no beef with these people. No, what really gets me are those jerks who write "it's" when they mean "its". And don't get me started on "there", "their", and "they're". But we aren't talking about those poor souls today. I am here to solve the your/you're crisis today. It's soooo simple, you are going to be so mad you didn't think of it first. So mad, you'll probably go outside and punt a dictionary. So anyway, here is the solution:

YER

Perfectly ambiguous. No apostrophe bias here. Plus it's shorter and easier to type. All three keys are located in a four key span on the top row. Yep, you just looked at your keyboard. Sorry, yer keyboard. If you have a good time saving typing hint, I would love to hear about it. Heck, it might even pop up here, if it's good enough. And I've already thought of "thar", so you can go ahead and keep that one to yerself.


*I decided to put the punctuation outside the quotation marks this time, just for a laugh.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAH! You crack me up. Let's see some more posts, dictionary boy.

    How about a solution for people who say "flustrated"

    ReplyDelete