Tuesday, October 19, 2010

No Title Necessary

I've been trying to think of how to say this more tactfully (tactly?) but I can't. Sorry mom! My mom and I were talking about how she didn't like my blog and she said, "At least you don't run out of stuff to write." Maybe not, but I always get bored of what I'm writing about midway through each post. This causes me to quickly finish up with some dumb comment to get the post over with. Adding to this is that I am usually writing this stuff well after midnight, and the lack of sleep causes me to act..... stoned, I guess is how I would put it. Everything, even commercials that I've seen hundreds of thousands of times and which make me want to gouge out my brains with a rusty ladle, seems absolutely hilarious when I've stayed up long enough (Maybe my mom doesn't like how gloriously descriptive I am... Hey I tell it how it is). Humor is a very fickle beast (I don't know what that means). It means that humor can mean a lot of different things to different people. For instance, there is a young man on nickelodeon named Fred. Now, in my opinion, Fred is a twit (you can't get sued for your opinion, right?). But apparently, children believe this Fred is hilarious. To be fair, children also think elastic green corduroy pants are cool (at least I did. Every picture of me in first and second grade has me wearing these green, high-water, stretchy corduroy pants with a white stripe running down the side. They were pretty hot). My friend Rico thinks barfing is the most comical of all bodily functions, when it is, in fact, gross. Hollywood seems to think poking fun at homosexuals is great fun, but it is, in fact, also gross. But you know what, you might think a barfing homosexual in tight green corduroys is the next Don Rickles.
So there are a lot of funny things out there. You just may or may not know how to properly discern what exactly is funny. Thankfully, I am here to help. Let me know about anything that you think might be funny, and I will help you figure it out if it actually is (it's probably not. Sorry).

Hey I got bored three times before I finally finished this post. Lucky for you I kept at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment